1. Singing in a choir is both my most and least favorite thing; I’m so worried about screwing up during concerts that I forget to just chill and enjoy the music.
2. I’m pretty sure my stage fright doesn’t help, either.
3. Ludwig van Beethoven has the dubious distinction of being the only composer whose music I will blast at full volume. The 9th may spell the end of my crazy-awesome hearing, but it’s totally worth it.
4. I read somewhere that the goosebump-y feeling you get during an awesome piece of music is actually your skin having a mini-orgasm. I like that concept so much that I’m going to refer to those goosebumps as such even after it’s totally discredited.
5. I get fewer “So…you’re going to teach with that degree, right?”-type comments as a history major than I did as a Spanish major—which is amusing, because Spanish majors have a gazillion more options open to them.
6. I watch TV/movies and read books for sheer escapism; as such, I loathe dystopian or pessimistic (or even realistic) plots and endings.
7. That said, I haven’t seen a decent rom-com in years.
8. I read the synopsis of each week’s “Glee” episode on Wikipedia before deciding whether I want to watch it or not. I hate surprises!
9. I will, without compunction, read the last few chapters of a book before I decide to buy it.
10. If public floors weren’t so gross, I wouldn’t wear shoes. Ever.
11. I procrastinate horribly; I’ve written 12 pages in 10 hours (maybe fewer, I can’t quite remember), 30 pages in 26 hours, and 4 pages in an hour and a half. I got really good grades on every one of those papers, too.
12. Getting my PhD and teaching for a living doesn’t scare me until I think about it.
13. If you didn’t hunt, ride four-wheelers, or go to church every time the doors were open, you were persona non grata at my high school. I just couldn’t bring myself to care enough to try.
14. That might make me a snob, but it also got me the eff out of there.
15. I didn’t even know my hair was curly until college.
16. My first reaction to a strange, stressful situation is to sneeze. Three or four times in a row usually gives me sufficient time to think of something to say or do.
17. I’m basically my father in a female body; this worries me sometimes.
18. I’m a kick-ass tetris player until my brain overloads and starts processing the patterns too slowly.
19. Sometimes I wonder whether other people think my piercing is cute.
20. I draw temporary tattoos on myself with eyeliner and hairspray.
21. My mother and I are famously bad navigators separately, but we almost never get lost together.
22. I’ve thought about taking lessons to lower my speaking voice.
23. Sometimes I have trouble telling whether to push or pull a door; if the handle looks ambiguous, I check the hinges.
24. I will only get messy and dirty for a good cause—like hurricane cleanup.
25. The fact that “25 Things” comes before “9th Symphony” in my tags is profoundly annoying.